Lilly invites applications from qualified candidates for the post of RWE Publications writer at Bangalore Location.
At Lilly, they unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. Their 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, health, communications, health outcomes, health economics, public health related field
- Experience writing scientific publications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful completion of writing exercise (a writing exercise is required as part of the candidate evaluation process)
- Advanced degree (PhD, MD, PharmD, MA, MBBS) in science, health related field or other appropriate disciplines (economics, epidemiology, health administration, health services, Pharmacoeconomics, statistics other relevant sciences)
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written English skills in the medical, scientific, health outcomes, or technical writing fields.
- Previous training and experience in disseminating results in clinical, health economics, health outcomes, health literacy, disease management, and/or population health.
- Relevant experience in clinical development, clinical trial process, health-outcomes research, or regulatory activities.
- Clinical pharmacology, therapeutic area, health outcomes, or other medical and scientific specific knowledge and experience specific to hiring area (e.g., neuroscience, oncology, cardiovascular, immunology or endocrine expertise).
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated high-level end-user computer skills (e.g., word processing, tables and graphics, spreadsheets, presentation and templates).
- Extensive experience in writing, reviewing, and publishing scientific materials and the ability to appraise scientific literature and raw data critically.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly with all audiences and forums through exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Content Strategy
- Document Preparation, Development and Finalization/Document Management
- Effectively collect and evaluate data, information, and input from multiple sources, functions, and regions to create a cohesive content strategy for writing projects.
- Plan (including organizing/preparing outlines), write (including first-draft authoring), edit, review coordinate and complete the publication of scientific data in peer-reviewed journals and forums
- Conduct effective document initiation via a kick-off meeting to ensure authoring team alignment and understanding.
- Build scientific-based rational that support the purpose of more complex and/or strategic documents.
- Ensure data are presented in a clear, complete, accurate, and concise manner.
- Ensure that key data, statements and conclusions are consistent across related documents, and that statements and conclusions are integrated, accurate, balanced and supported by appropriate data.
- Coordinate expert/scientific reviews, collate reviewer’s comments, adjust content of document as required based on internal/external input, and prepare final version.
- Ensure and coordinate quality checks for accuracy,
- Exhibit flexibility in moving across development and preparation of multiple document types.
- Influence or negotiate change of timelines and content with other team members.
- Advocate internally and externally for appropriate authorship criteria on all applicable work products.
- Work with internal and external speakers to develop and prepare presentations.
- As needed, build and manage relationships with vendors/alliance partners.
- Project and Stakeholder management
- Lead the writing process and apply effective project management skills to ensure timely completion of high-quality scientific publication deliverables.
- Build/Communicate credible writing project timelines.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks to delivery
- Work with teams and stakeholders to ensure smooth and timely development of documents and escalate issues, as appropriate, to ensure document completion.
- Effectively communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Knowledge and Skills Development
- Maintain and enhance therapeutic area knowledge including disease state and compound(s) for assigned project(s).
- Maintain and enhance scientific communication skills to align with audience needs and technology/digital evolution.
- Exhibit flexibility in moving across document types, therapeutic areas, and compounds, depending on project assignment.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of publication guidelines.
- Possess overarching view of compound, therapeutic area, and external environment (including competitors) with ability to participate effectively in publication planning, integrated planning process, and/or current awareness literature updates and reviews.
- Knowledge Sharing
- Provide coaching to others by sharing technical information, giving guidance, answering questions.
- Recognized for technical expertise in specific document development.
- Network with others (including other functions and regions) to identify and share best practices.
- Contribute to process improvements, suggesting opportunities where appropriate.
- Provide database and other tool (e.g., document management systems) expertise.
How to apply?
Interested Candidates can click here to apply.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India.